Niffelheim Bloody Moon DLC Review
Bloody indeed; prepare for a long red night… The moon is red and enemies aplenty!
Please note that this Review may contain spoilers from the Base game
Some key points that this game add on has to offer:
- Fully upgraded workshops
- No levelling system
- A Dragon from the start of the game
- No quests
- Very challenging experience.
Niffelheim Bloody Moon DLC adds a new game mode to the list. Full on Survival. It still shares the same replay value as the base game.
Several changes were made to the game to increase the challenge that the game offers you. Along with that comes several benefits to help you survive. The days are shorter and the nights longer…, much longer.
Here is a full list of changes made to the game:
- Players have a dragon from the very start
- No quests
- No farms
- Only a wooden castle that you can set on fire using your dragon!
- No bots
- The day is 4 hours long, whereas the night is 20 hours long
- A lot less vegetation, all the trees are dry
- All workshops fully deployed
- No character development, just a handful of weapons
- Spiders can poison you and skeletons can injure you
- The dungeons are smaller, but there are still enough resources
- Your castle gets assaulted 100% more often and there is only 1 chest and no vault!
- The dragon burns everything except for mushrooms!
- The city is closed and you cannot enter! There’s nothing to do there!
- Spiders and skeletons run amok at night
Characters have abilities as default:
- Warrior – Frugality 75%,
- Valkyrie – Laborer 75%,
- Berserk – StunBlockChance 75%,
- Shaman – PoisonBlockChance 75%
MGR Gaming’s Conclusions:
Unlike Odin’s Blessing making the game more relaxed and easier, Bloody Moon does the exact opposite.
As you can see from the above list. Ellada Games went above and beyond altering the gameplay mechanics, tweaking them to offer us a brand new thrilling experience.
There is no limit, no quests, it is all about surviving as long as possible. The workshops being upgraded to their highest level here is pretty much the biggest help, that and starting with your trusty fire breathing dragon. The perfect go to in a pinch!
This DLC sells for such a low price, I urge you to buy it just to support the awesome developers, as for the DLC itself, it is more than worth it. Veteran survival players and Niffelheim fans will enjoy this one quite a bit!
Those that bought the game during its Early Access stage, will receive their copy of the DLC for free. Those that didn’t can still buy the DLC at a very low and affordable price.
Date: 22 April 2020
Platforms: PC: PlayStation 4: Nintendo Switch: Xbox One: Linux: Mac: Steam
Genre: Strategy: Action: Adventure: RPG: Indie: Simulation: Sandbox: Survival: Crafting
Censor Rating: Teen
Age Rating: 13
Developer: Ellada Games
Publisher: Ellada Games
Release Date: 20 April 2020
MGR Gaming Steam Curator: